Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 12th.

Right now its 5 a.m. and im sitting in my hotel room in San Salvador. I’m not here by choice. Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up. (out my window) and then it continued throughout the night and into the morning and afternoon. I made it to the training center in San Vicente for class because I thought I would be fine. But I just kept going. In the afternoon they gave me a shot to help me stop throwing up.. it worked for quite a while. But I still felt very sick, so they brought me to a hotel in San Salvador (about an hour away) in case I needed to go to the hospital during the night. Its actually kind of nice to be a in a decent hotel room with a shower after living like crap. I started throwing up again late last night, but it finally ended around 10. Im still really hungry cause I have no food and its to dangerous outside to walk and get some. San Salvador is one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Today I will probably head back to my homestay family and rest there. There is nothing worse then being sick in a foreign country and being by yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, just ran into your blog. Hope you're ok by now. Be careful and buy some spring water. Looking forward to your stories.
    M. dePadua

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam....just found this and read the whole thing aloud to my room mates--we loved it and are really impressed with what youre doing. Not that it helps at all but I kind of know how you feel....the whole wondering what the hell youre doing somewhere. I found having a good book really helped and walking to the soccer field to try and join in some pick up helped too. anyway...i'm thinking about you tons and YES it will get better. love you and miss you lots xoxoxoxoxoxo cuidate muchisimooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog.... so sorry you are sick!!! Ask them for PAIN KILLERS..they kill all those bugs and make you feel better!!! trust me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. read it to my mom and dad too...they send their love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the title of your blog... I want to venture out... but I have so many obligations! I think I'll just "venture out" vicariously.:)

    ReplyDelete